Big Idea: God gives us the strength we need to stand strong for Him.
Bible Passage: Ephesians 6:10-19
This week the kids learned about the armour of God. We talked about how Paul wrote a letter to believers in Ephesus because he wanted them to know that they had power against evil, and to live God's way. Paul talked about a special kind of armour that God gives us. He gives us:
1. The Belt of Truth. What a gift that God has revealed the truth of the gospel to us! We said that "When we don't know what to do, we go back to what we know is true." The truth of God's Word helps us stand firm for Jesus.
2. Breastplate of Righeousness. Bccause of Jesus, we are no longer enemies of God. When we trust Jesus we are seen instead as God's children – how good it is to know the God of Angel Armies is for us, not against us!
3. Sandals of readiness to share the Gospel – We are armed with the gospel of peace – we know that Jesus is the giver of peace, and that He will go with us to share His Gospel with others.
4. Shield of Faith – We are protected from falling into despair because we put our faith in the God who never fails. When the evil one tempts us "with flaming arrows" to doubt our God's strength, our faith in the ever-faithful one sustains us and helps us remember who is in control.
5. Helmet of Salvation. We can know that nothing, not now or ever, can take our salvation away. Jesus has rescued us, and nothing can take that away.
6. Sword of the Spirit – The Holy Spirit helps us know how to live God's way by helping us understand the Word of God.
Thank God for these things that help us fight on towards being like Jesus- the one who loves us and promises to help us be like Him.
Each morning this week as you get dressed, put on items and remind yourselves of the armour of God. Use your daily items to help you remember the things God gives us to help us:
At each stage, talk about how you can use these things today to remind you that God's Holy Spirit is with you and will help you stand firm for him.
Have a great week!
Ps. Remember we come back from holidays on July 22nd!